Welcome

Welcome to my blog where you can follow just about anything and everything I am up to.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

My dear sweet sister....

Nikki passed away on June 13, 2013.  Who would have thought she would have gone to heaven so soon. We thought she had more time with us. When the doctors diagnosed her with pulmonary hypertension at 18 we knew that she would have a rough road ahead.  For a 18 year old, the limitations she had would make any other person depressed. Not Nikki. She was so full of life and love. She made the best of things by being a rock for her family. She was always there no matter what we asked of her. She was at every family function, birthday, holiday and even found time to do the same for her friends. She was a true blessing in every way. God has taken one of his best angels back home and we love him for the time he shared her with us. I will continue to miss her daily and selfishly wish she was here with us. Even though she was a sister in law, the "in law" fell off as soon as I met her. She was my sister and I was closer to her than I thought I was. My heart aches for her to be with us, but I know and find peace in, that she is with our Savior.

The only way I could express what she meant to me was writing this:

From the moment I met you,
I could see your heart,
You were so full of love,
Kindness, joy, you stood apart.

You cared about others needs,
Before you considered your own,
You took time to really know people,
You made your heart their home.

Everyone adored and loved you,
For the person you were day to day,
It was easy for anyone,
To love you in every possible way.

You were such a blessing,
To this world you leave behind,
You were a miracle, an inspiration,
For the rest of my life, you are mine.

I will love you and miss you,
Until I see you again,
I won't tell you goodbye today,
I'll keep you in my heart till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment