Welcome

Welcome to my blog where you can follow just about anything and everything I am up to.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Car wreck

On May 11, I am driving to drop the kids off half way to see their dad. I am driving down I20, Hayleigh is in the front seat and Hayden is in the rear passenger. All of the sudden I see a SUV on the other side of the highway rolling diagonally onto my side of the highway and I am thinking, wow that is going to be an awful wreck as I also saw two other cars on that side slide sideways. Then I realized this rolling SUV was not going to stop and was heading straight for me and the kids.  I thought oh lord this is it. I am going to die.  I slightly turned my car to the right to take most of the hit if I could, I had a car on my right and a car directly behind me. I pushed on the brakes turned a little to the right and closed my eyes waiting for the impact. Then it hit, pushed me into the car on the right, then hit from behind, then again from behind. My ears are ringing, and my eyes are open but it's pitch black for a moment.  Then I see smoke fill the car. I scream to the kids "we have to get out of the car". Hayleigh is crying, "my stomach burns mom it hurts it hurts". I don't know if it is sliced in half or what but I know we have to get out of the car.  My door is jammed shut, Hayleigh's door is jammed shut, but luckily Hayden's opened.  Hayden only seems to be a little hurt from the seat belt but can walk around. He gets out, Hayleigh crawls through the middle of the car then I do. We are out of the car and on the side of the road. I look behind us and there are two SUV's flipped over, and multiple cars wrecked. Hayden rides with Jessica when she gets to the exit we wrecked at.  They followed Hayleigh in the ambulance to Weatherford to be checked out, I follow in an ambulance myself.  We both end up at the hospital in separate rooms to be checked out.  Tj, Jessica, and Preston are there with me and the kids.  They release Hayleigh without serious injury. They do a cat scan and xray on me and find nothing damaged and I am released later. I think we were all in shock pretty much the whole night. Amazed that out of the 7 cars involved in the accident, every single person, got out of their car after the accident without severe injury or fatalities.  God is great! I couldn't put into words how I felt about the wreck because I was so gracious that the kids and I were alive and not severely injured.  I was overcome with joy and humbled by Gods mercy.  It could have been so different and IS for so many others out there.  I feel so fortunate to be one of the few that survived and accident of this magnitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment