Welcome

Welcome to my blog where you can follow just about anything and everything I am up to.

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Decision time....

So I looked at a Nurse practitioner that I know and said "How do you do it?" She looked at me. I said "You always look happy, vibrant and not tired at all." She said "Honestly? Thrive." So at that point I had had enough. I have been hearing about this crap and of course just ignored it as I have tried everything and I am sure this is just another fad. BUT, if SHE is doing it, being that I respect her, maybe I should try it. I mean I have tried numerous things for diet, at this point I am just tired of being tired. I feel bad that I went into a profession to spend more time with my kids and instead I spend those days off in bed catching up on sleep.

I've tried multiple things to lose weight:
Atkins = I starve
Weight Watchers = works but that is a lot of responsibility to go over all the points and hold yourself accountable
Garcinia Cambogia = gave me shakes
Hydroxycut = shakes
slim quick shakes = haha like you don't starve
Counting calories = who has time, I did it for a week
low carb = works but didn't stick too it. I love food and eating out too much
Good diet and exercise = there's a winner! I lost almost 30 lbs then got sick, took a week off that turned into 3 months because in that time I had decided I needed to sleep on my days off again and the weight came back of course

So...I figure my problem is feeling good about making better decision and the drive to WANT to do something on my days off, with a little energy boost wouldn't hurt. As my friend explained, this stuff makes you feel good. It's not a weight loss things, some people just lose weight because they want to make better choices in food and healthy living. So I said what the hell, what is 8 weeks and some money to see if it REALLY IS life changing right? So I told her I would try it. So this  blog is to track how I feel and see if I really can see a pattern of change.....here we go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment